The Mojang team has released the first Minecraft snapshot of 2013. It includes some pretty awesome new features that will be included in the upcoming Minecraft 1.5 Redstone Update.
Here are some of the cool features so far:
- Redstones circuits are more consistent and pistons should be more stable
- Added the Redstone Comparator block (this replaces the Capacitor we talked about at Minecon)
- Added the Daylight Detector block
- Added a Hopper block (still work in progress)
- Added a chest that activates redstone
- Added weighted pressure plates that detect item stacks
- Added Block of Redstone block (works as a pushable redstone torch)
- Added a new ore to the Nether
- Added a Nether Brick item for crafting Nether Brick blocks
- A whole bunch of other stuff… Try for instance double-clicking items, or drag-placing them, in the inventory
You can grab the snapshot here:
Server: http://assets.minecraft.net/13w01a/minecraft_server.jar (or EXE)
YourCraft Multiverse will not be adding this snapshot to the server, but you are free to check it out in singleplayer and come back afterwards. Just don’t forget to backup your Minecraft.jar file! We will soon have a guide on how to backup your minecraft.jar file if you don’t know how. Stay tuned to the site for more info!